Volvo MOT Test Cover protects against the cost of repair, replacement and/or adjustment to the vehicle of the specified parts listed below which are covered as a direct consequence of such parts being cited in a ‘notification of a refusal to issue an MOT certificate’ (form VT30) prepared during the period of the cover, as causing the vehicle to fail its MOT test. Accident damage is not covered.
This Volvo MOT Test Cover only applies to a qualifying failure item (see list below) resulting from the next due MOT Test after the vehicle is purchased as a Volvo Selekt car. Only one Volvo MOT Test claim is permissible on any one Volvo Selekt Package registered.
Lamp, reflectors, indicators, and bulbs are covered for failure due to: Breakage, discolouration, misalignment, water ingress, and corrosion.
Steering and Suspension
Manual and power steering units, suspension drag links, track rods/ends, transmission shafts, CV joints and boots, shock absorbers, road springs, wishbones, swivel joints, mountings, sub frames and wheel bearings are covered for failure due to: Wear, seizure, leakage, and insecurity.
Throttle body, fuel injection system, ECU are covered for failure to meet MOT exhaust gas emission standards (actual tuning and adjustments or any damage caused by contaminated fuel and/or inappropriate fuel are not covered under this section). Fuel leaks are not covered.
Brake master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers discs, drums, load compensator, ABS modulator/sensors/computers/, brake pipes, hoses and cables are covered for failure due to wear, leakage, seizure, splits/cracks, corrosion and adjustment.
Mountings, belts, retractors and buckles are covered for failure due to wear, non function and insecurity.
Vehicle structure is covered for corrosion. Failure due to accident damage is specifically excluded.
Windscreen wiper arms and blades, windscreen wiper motors, washer motors and horn.
Maximum Claim Liability
Where liability for the cost of repairs is admitted under this MOT Test Warranty the Warranty Holder will be reimbursed repair costs to a maximum aggregate of £750 (including VAT) during each period of MOT Test Warranty.
IMPORTANT: The MOT Test Warranty does not cover accidental or malicious damage or neglect. See terms and conditions.
This MOT Test Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Any parts which have not actually failed, which are replaced or reported during routine servicing and/or repair of other parts which have failed
- Any component covered by any other existing warranties or insurances
- Any loss to the Warranty Holder in excess of the maximum claim liability
- Liability which attracts by virtue of an agreement but which would not have attached in the absence of the said agreement
- Any liability for death, bodily injury, or damage to other property or any consequential loss of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from the claim or event giving rise to a claim under this MOT Test Warranty
- The MOT Test and Re-Test fee